Copyright and use of digital images
Copies of images can be supplied on request, subject to copyright and data protection legislation.
- Please complete and return the Image Request Form - by email or post.
- Please browse or search for images before returning this form, quoting the QSA reference number (in each image record) where possible.
- On receipt of the form, we will contact you to check any details. A charge may apply in some circumstances.
- The QSA is not resourced to supply large numbers of images, or non standard prints or scans. These may be passed to the Medical Illustration Unit for supply, in which case separate charges may apply.
- The Archive contains images which are in copyright, but we either do not hold the copyright, or the rights holders are unknown or cannot be traced.
- It is not possible to supply copies of such material, unless the requester obtains permission from any copyright holder first, or makes all efforts to do so. Please refer to the IPO website for further information on diligent searching.
- Images supplied by QSA/created from the QSA collection should be credited as “Image courtesy of the Queen Square Archives” or as agreed.
- Reproduction of the image(s) is strictly limited to usage by the requester for the purpose specified on the request form.
Access to personal and sensitive data
Please see our webpages on this topic for further information
Queen Square Archives operates an immediate takedown policy please contact us to request removal of materials.